The Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitor (ECAM) System Display (SD) presents the synoptic diagrams of the aircraft systems and the status messages on a status page.
It is implemented in the Display Unit (DU) application.
This is a stand-alone application that can be run on Windows PC and communicates over the network with the simulator core engine.
It displays 12 system pages :
- ENGINE (secondary engine parameters)
- BLEED (air bleed)
- CAB PRESS (cabin pressurization)
- ELEC (electrical power)
- HYD (hydraulic)
- FUEL (fuel)
- APU (auxiliary power unit)
- COND (air conditioning)
- DOOR/OXY (doors/oxygen)
- WHEEL (landing gear, braking, ground spoilers, etc.)
- F/CTL (flight controls)
- CRUISE (cruise)
The pilot may manually call up a system page for display, or the system may automatically display a page (related to the specific flight phase or a failure)
The status page displays an operational summary of the aircraft after the SD has displayed a failure.
The SD also displays permanent data on the bottom of the display :
- Total Air Temperature (TAT)
- Static Air Temperature (SAT)
- Universal Time Coordinated (UTC)
- Gross Weight (GW)
The SD, like all the other DU's can be dimmed.